Error: "Unable to set value of the property '__original': object is null or undefined"

Jaakko Karhu

Jul 25, 2014, 9:41:57 AM7/25/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm having difficulties connecting my Windows Phone 7 to Weinre. I'm getting this message:

"Unable to set value of the property '__original': object is null or undefined" on line 1569 from file [my.ip.goes.here]:8080/target/target-script-min.js#anonymous.

Any ideas, what might be causing this? My iPhone and Android phone connects to Weinre without a problem.

More details over the problem here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24945567/why-doesnt-windows-phone-7-8-connect-to-weinre

Any help is appreciated!

Jaakko Karhu

Jul 25, 2014, 9:53:25 AM7/25/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
And how do I edit target-script-min.js? I can't find the file in my filesystem... Sorry, I'm n00b.

Jaakko Karhu

Jul 25, 2014, 11:11:26 AM7/25/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
Allright, I found the file. Located at: usr/local/lib/node_modules/weinre/web/target/

Now the whole problem seems to be, that IE9 doesn't have window.console until the developer tools are open. In Windows Phone they can't be open so object can't be created. How do I create window.console on IE9? Is it even possible?

More details updated here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24945567/why-doesnt-windows-phone-7-8-connect-to-weinre

Jaakko Karhu

Jul 25, 2014, 11:40:27 AM7/25/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
More progress..

I found this piece of advice: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3326650/console-is-undefined-error-for-internet-explorer and created a window.console object as adviced.

After that, however, I got more errors: "Access is denied" on line 1 of my index.html. What might cause this?
I also get "Unable to get value of the property 'InspectorNotify': object is null or undefined" twice. But this is probably because Weinre's access to my html is denied, right?

Once again, more details at StackOverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24945567/why-doesnt-windows-phone-7-8-connect-to-weinre

Jaakko Karhu

Patrick Mueller

Jul 25, 2014, 1:13:34 PM7/25/14