No Matched CSS Rules for iOs 7

Simon REY

Mar 27, 2014, 9:32:48 AM3/27/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I tested Weinre through GhostLab Solution and I have found a bug in the devices using iOs7.
Indeed, in this configuration, Weinre No Matched CSS Rules

Before, i watched these similar topic
but I don't think it's the same thing. I don't have @import CSS files in my page and doesn't explain the variation in results, depending on the iOs version.

Here is the list of my cross tests, carried out with the same url :

- Samsung Node 3 / Android Browser application   = Matched CSS Rules

- iPhone 4 / iOs7 / Mobile Safari application          = No Matched CSS Rules

- iPhone 4 / iOs6 / Mobile Safari application          = Matched CSS Rules

- iPhone 5 / iOs7 / Mobile Safari application          No Matched CSS Rules

- iPad 2 / iOs7 / Mobile Safari application              No Matched CSS Rules

- iPad 3 / iOs6 / Mobile Safari application              = Matched CSS Rules

All these tests were conducted with Win7 64-bit - Chrome 33.0.1750.154 m / FireFox 25 / Safari 5.1.7

Do you know the existence of this problem?

You reproduce this problem?

What would be the causes and solutions to this problem?

Thank U

Simon REY

Front-End Developpeur
Mondadori France - Direction Technique Digital

Patrick Mueller

Mar 27, 2014, 11:13:14 AM3/27/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
Simon, thanks for the report.

There does seem to be one standing issue with weinre, which could be causing this problem;

You might try adding the `whackWebkitMatchesSelector()` function to your base JS code, early, and see if it helps.  You may end up with >some< matched rules in the cases where you aren't seeing any today.

If that doesn't help, then I'll need more information:
- is this with ALL the elements, or just some?
- what are the selectors that are matching?

The simplest possible example that you can post somewhere, exhibiting the problem, will make solving this problem much easier.

Should also mention, do you >need< to use weinre?  Unless you're using a webview and are running on a device <= Android 4.3, you should be able to use the existing remote debug capabilities of iOS and Android, which provide MUCH better debug stories than weinre does.  Some info on using those capabilities,  here: http://prototest.com/guide-to-remote-debugging-ios-and-android-mobile-devices/