ipad not showing in target list

Sherri Fleming

Mar 14, 2014, 12:25:07 PM3/14/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
I do not have a Mac. Using Windows 8.1.

I can see the target when I connect via my computer but the iPad is unable to connect. On a prior machine I was able to get the iPad to connect and only 1 time was it showing in the target list. After that it no longer showed in the target list but it was able to view the local website. So no weinre debugging but at least I could see the site using my local code.

New machine and now I am unable to see the local site. Node.js is installed properly or I could not get the site to run locally on my computer.

This has been added to the index.html file:

Server Properties
boundHost: -all-
deathTimeout: 15
debug: false
httpPort: 8080
readTimeout: 5
staticWebDir: C:\Users\Sherri\Documents\ss\node_modules\weinre\web
verbose: false
version: 2.0.0-pre-HH0SN197

I have tried both a global and local install of weinre. No luck with either.

​I run weinre from the local site using this:
 > node.exe ../../../node_modules/weinre/web --boundHost -all-

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling weinre. It did not help.

Using debug true, it is too long to see the beginning however I see this a the end:

weinre: WeinreClientCommands.logError(["weinre: invocation exception on Object.childNodeInserted(): TypeError: Cannot call method '_insertChild' of undefined",null])
weinre: client c-1: weinre: invocation exception on Object.childNodeInserted(): TypeError: Cannot call method '_insertChild' of undefined

Thank you for any help!
Sherri

Sherri Fleming

Mar 14, 2014, 12:27:31 PM3/14/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
Correction in red: ​I run weinre from the local site using this:
 > node.exe ../../../node_modules/weinre/weinre --boundHost -all-

-sherri