[lego/kreo] Kre-O Dungeons & Dragons Update

Jeremy Turner

Oct 21, 2013, 9:43:19 AM10/21/13
to nerdg...@googlegroups.com, WeGot...@googlegroups.com

Kre-O Dungeons & Dragons

16OCT

Posted by David Miller as MiniaturesOtherWar Games

Hasbro has finally provided some details for the first Dungeons & Dragons Kre-O products, scheduled to release in January. The line will work as both a series of construction toys and an expandable action battling game.

Each building set in the line provides a new play experience with competitive action battling, performance weapon accessories and a new modular building system allowing for quick rebuilds after suffering damage at the hands of opponents!

The first year of Kre-O Dungeons & Dragons will feature more than 75 different Kreon characters, including iconic D&D personalities, Drizzt and Wolfgar. There will be $3 Kreon Army Builder blind bags, each with a single Kreon figure from a set of 36, and $5 Kreon Warrior packs, each with one of 10 iconic characters plus artifacts and accessories. In all products, Kreon cards with individual combat stats will accompany each character figure.

Kre-O D&D Kreon Singles A6735

A series of Kre-O Dungeons & Dragons Battle Starter Packs will contain two Kreon figures each, a firing weapon, a target, and challenge cards (with rated shooting-skill tests). These will retail for $9.

Kre-O D&D Catapult A7706_A6744

Kre-O D&D Crossbow A7705_A6744

At $13, the Lightning Cannon building set will include a spring-fired cannon, two cannon darts, two Kreons, and three challenge cards.

Kre-O D&D Lightning Cannon A6737

In the $17 Outpost building set will be a constructable castle wall with “reactive targets”, a ball-shooter, three Kreon figures, and three challenge cards.

Kre-O D&D Battle Outpost A6740

The Fortress Tower building set ($20) will include a “collapsing tower destruction feature” that “provides dramatic destruction with minimal rebuild time”, as well as a catapult, four Kreons, and five challenge cards.

Kre-O D&D Fortress Tower A6742

And for $25, the Fortress Defense building set will feature a gatehouse with drawbridge and breakout windows, a spring-fired catapult, six Kreon figures, and seven challenge cards.

Kre-O D&D Fortress Defense A6739

- See more at: http://www.purplepawn.com/2013/10/kre-o-dungeons-dragons/#sthash.25pMXXv3.dpuf

William Urban

Oct 21, 2013, 9:48:31 AM10/21/13
to nerdg...@googlegroups.com, WeGot...@googlegroups.com
Sooo epic but holy shit 3 bucks for a blind buy mini fig?  That's almost GW prices right there!

Timothy Colonna

Oct 21, 2013, 9:49:51 AM10/21/13
to wegot...@googlegroups.com
All minifigs are $3 blind buy.  I know cause they are like crack for my 7 year old

Sent from my iPad
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "We Gotta Pair" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wegottapair.

William Urban

Oct 21, 2013, 9:56:18 AM10/21/13
to nerdg...@googlegroups.com, WeGot...@googlegroups.com
Oh man really?  So basically the after market for these is just like Magic Cards and D&D Prepainted figures :)  They do look pretty darn cool though ...

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Ian Clark <imc...@live.com> wrote:
Cool!

Timothy Colonna

Oct 21, 2013, 9:57:12 AM10/21/13
to wegottapair, nerdg...@googlegroups.com
the super rare gold fig goes for about a grand

Timothy Colonna
chaosdw...@gmail.com

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown...

H. P. Lovecraft

William Urban

Oct 21, 2013, 10:15:32 AM10/21/13
to nerdg...@googlegroups.com, WeGot...@googlegroups.com
So 75 possible figures, D&D goodness, blind buy oh god.  Need a retailer account to buy them in droves at half off an sell the extras :)

On Monday, October 21, 2013, Greg Ivany wrote:
This email wins.

Yeah like I don’t want Lego Drizzt to fight my Lego Spartacus surrounded by Lego legionnaires with Lego Gandalf as the ref….perhaps I’ve said too much

Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 9:43 AM

William Urban

Oct 21, 2013, 10:49:51 AM10/21/13
to nerdg...@googlegroups.com, WeGot...@googlegroups.com
Oh good, and the "iconic" characters are only in the $5 blind bag ...

Jeremy Turner

Oct 21, 2013, 11:22:01 AM10/21/13
to wegot...@googlegroups.com, nerdg...@googlegroups.com
Haters gonna hate!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "We Gotta Pair" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wegottapair.

Timothy Colonna

Oct 21, 2013, 11:23:05 AM10/21/13
to wegottapair, nerdg...@googlegroups.com
Max is funny he will go up and paw through all the packs feeling them and then be like yup this one and he is usually pretty good about guessing which one is in there by the accessories he feels.

William Urban

Oct 21, 2013, 11:27:12 AM10/21/13
to wegot...@googlegroups.com, nerdg...@googlegroups.com
Hehe we'll have to train him to feel for twin magical scimitars!

William Urban

Oct 21, 2013, 11:28:38 AM10/21/13
to wegot...@googlegroups.com, nerdg...@googlegroups.com
Now I wonder if Alliance and therefore game stores will carry this, or if it will be Toys R Us/Target/Wal-Mart only.

-Will

Greg Ivany

Oct 21, 2013, 11:33:58 AM10/21/13
to wegot...@googlegroups.com, nerdg...@googlegroups.com
Comic book guy voice: "they are not twin, that is incorrect.  The frostbrand was found in Icingdeath's hoard and Twinkle was given to him by one of the Harpells. Hmmmmm"

William Urban

Oct 21, 2013, 11:36:33 AM10/21/13
to nerdg...@googlegroups.com, wegot...@googlegroups.com
Groan :-D  Ok "dual" sorry, yeesh! :-D  But very nice Greg :)  You finish Companions yet?  It's not bad, starts out kinda different and I felt a little bit like a cop out but overall pretty good.

Greg Ivany

Oct 21, 2013, 12:24:45 PM10/21/13
to nerdg...@googlegroups.com, wegot...@googlegroups.com
Ha, no i havent read that one. I kind of got away from the story after the 10,000 orc book. I should go bqck and catch up. As a teenager those books were my favorite and i have read them a few times.