Error when running "gclient sync"

Chang Lin Tsai

May 4, 2013, 12:42:39 PM5/4/13
to webrtc...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone, I am new to libjingle.

I followed the command of "Getting the code"

Somehow, after I type in "gclient sync" in dir "/webrtcjingleproject", it began running and then

________ running '/usr/bin/python trunk/tools/create_supplement_gypi.py trunk/client/supplement.gypi' in '/home/user/webrtcjingleproject'

________ running '/usr/bin/python trunk/build/gyp_chromium --depth=trunk trunk/webrtcjingle.gyp' in '/home/user/webrtcjingleproject'
Updating projects from gyp files...
find: `./voice-client-core/src/main/java/': No such file or directory
gyp: Call to 'find ./voice-client-core/src/main/java/ -name "*.java"' returned exit status 1. while trying to load trunk/webrtcjingle.gyp
Error: Command /usr/bin/python trunk/build/gyp_chromium --depth=trunk trunk/webrtcjingle.gyp returned non-zero exit status 1 in /home/user/webrtcjingleproject

Does there anybody know where the problem is?

Michael Huang

May 6, 2013, 3:20:04 AM5/6/13
to webrtc...@googlegroups.com
Might be that you didnt install "depot_tools"

Luke Weber

May 6, 2013, 3:59:06 AM5/6/13
to Michael Huang, webrtc...@googlegroups.com
One issue I have is that this is the android target inside the gyp file, which shouldn't be run with my instructions.

Confirm you're using the instructions from the readme

Personal guess is that you were trying to build the main webrtc project for android in this window, so you ran ./build/android/envsetup.sh per their instructions, then you changed dirs and went to my project and ran gclient sync. The problem is envsetup puts stuff in your environment like
export GYP_GENERATORS="${GYP_GENERATORS:-make-android}"
  DEFINES="OS=android"
  DEFINES+=" host_os=${host_os}"
  DEFINES+=" gcc_version=${gcc_version}"

which will cause it to run android targets in the gyp files This would cause it to try to run the android project that's in webrtcjingle.gyp which isn't currently maintained anymore by me because gyp and chromium don't support armv5.

Anyways open a new terminal and try a gclient sync again and let me know how it goes.

Luke

Chang Lin Tsai

May 7, 2013, 12:21:34 PM5/7/13
to webrtc...@googlegroups.com
THX, Luke.
I found where the problem is and had fixed it.

Gomma

May 22, 2013, 7:18:45 PM5/22/13
to webrtc...@googlegroups.com
i have same problem "gclient sync"
would you say that how to slove it???

Luke Weber

May 23, 2013, 1:37:48 AM5/23/13
to Gomma, webrtc...@googlegroups.com

In a nutshell open a new terminal window and run the command.

On May 23, 2013 1:18 AM, "Gomma" <dsh...@raonix.com> wrote:
i have same problem "gclient sync"
would you say that how to slove it???

Gomma

May 23, 2013, 6:55:44 AM5/23/13
to webrtc...@googlegroups.com, Gomma
Thank you for you reply

My error is IN CYGWIN !!!

error log is ...

9>Checked out 53ac6db57d9d09e43079f54feec59b735ed23670 to a detached HEAD. Before making any commits
9>in this repo, you should use 'git checkout <branch>' to switch to
9>an existing branch or use 'git checkout origin -b <branch>' to
9>create a new branch for your work.
Syncing projects:  96% (30/31), done.third_party/icu

________ running '/usr/bin/python trunk/tools/create_supplement_gypi.py trunk/client/supplement.gypi' in '/cygdrive/d/projects/webrtcjingleproject'

________ running '/usr/bin/python trunk/build/gyp_chromium --depth=trunk trunk/webrtcjingle.gyp' in '/cygdrive/d/projects/webrtcjingleproject'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "trunk/build/gyp_chromium", line 97, in <module>
    env=env, shell=False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1249, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Error: Command /usr/bin/python trunk/build/gyp_chromium --depth=trunk trunk/webrtcjingle.gyp returned non-zero exit status 1 in /cygdrive/d/projects/webrtcjingleproject

2013년 5월 23일 목요일 오후 2시 37분 48초 UTC+9, luke.weber 님의 말: