logging in web.py

Senthil R

Oct 20, 2015, 12:49:48 AM10/20/15
to web.py
I am on a shared hosting environment ( dreamhost ).

dreamhost uses passenger as the WSGI server.

Using the following lines to log results does not work ( I've tried to log from passenger_wsgi.py and a 'controller' class)

import logging

logging.basicConfig(filename='log.txt', level=logging.DEBUG)
logging.debug('Testing logging...')

does anyone know how to log from web.py in a shared hosting environment ?

James Tyra

Oct 21, 2015, 2:37:46 PM10/21/15
to we...@googlegroups.com

I would provide a pull path to the filename parameter. The current directory is not usually what you think in WSGI environments.

Senthil R

Oct 21, 2015, 3:07:26 PM10/21/15
to web.py
Thanks.

But I have tried using the full path and it did not work.

-Senthil