web.py 0.38 is ready for release

Anand Chitipothu

Jun 30, 2016, 8:39:05 AM6/30/16
to webpy
Hello everyone,

web.py 0.38 is ready for release.

This is a maintenance release that doesn't break any backward compatibility. This does not include Python 3 support yet. That'll be the focus for next release, which I hope is not too far away.

Changes:

* Fixed failing tests in test/session.py when postgres is not installed. (tx Michael Diamond)
* Fixed an error with Python 2.3 (tx Michael Diamond)
* web.database now accepts a URL, $DATABASE_URL (fixes #171) (tx Aaron Swartz, we miss you)
* support port use 'port' as keyword for postgres database with used eith pgdb (tx Sandesh Singh)
* Fixes to FirebirdDB database (tx Ben Hanna)
* Added a gaerun method to start application for google app engine (tx Matt Habel)
* Better error message from `db.multiple_insert` when not all rows have the same keys (tx Ben Hoyt)
* Allow custom messages for most errors (tx Shaun Sharples)
* IPv6 support (tx Matthew of Boswell and zamabe)
* Fixed sending email using Amazon SES (tx asldevi)
* Fixed handling of long numbers in sqlify. closes #213. (tx cjrolo)
* Escape HTML characters when emitting API docs. (tx Jeff Zellman)
* Fixed an inconsistency in form.Dropdown when numbers are used for args and value. (tx Noprianto)
* Fixed a potential remote exeution risk in `reparam` (tx Adrián Brav)
* The where clause in db queries can be a dict now
* Added `first` method to iterbetter
* Fix to unexpected session when used with MySQL (tx suhashpatil)
* Change dburl2dict to use urlparse and to support the simple case of just a database name. (tx Jeff Zellman)
* Support '204 No Content' status code (tx Matteo Landi)
* Support `451 Unavailable For Legal Reasons` status code(tx Yannik Robin Kettenbach)
* Updates to documentation (tx goodrone, asldevi)

Also this is going to be the last release with a commit from Aaron Swartz.

Please test your applications from the master and let me know if you encounter any issues.

Thanks everyone who has contributed.

Anand