Any plan for a new webpy release with py3 support?

Zhang Huangbin

Feb 6, 2018, 6:46:34 AM2/6/18
to web.py
Dear developers,

Any plan for a new webpy release with py3 support?

The latest thread is here, posted by Anand on Aug 2, 2016:

It's sad to watch webpy slowly dying. :(

Anand Chitipothu

Feb 6, 2018, 6:57:49 AM2/6/18
to webpy
On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 5:16 PM, Zhang Huangbin <michae...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear developers,

Any plan for a new webpy release with py3 support?

The latest thread is here, posted by Anand on Aug 2, 2016:

You can install the version with python3 support using:

pip install web.py==0.40.dev0

It's sad to watch webpy slowly dying. :(

Maintaining a project is not easy. We need more contributors to keep the activity high. There are lot of places where we need some improvements. Everyone is welcome to contribute.

Let me know you can help.

Anand

Zhang Huangbin

Feb 6, 2018, 7:01:06 AM2/6/18
to web.py

On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 7:57:49 PM UTC+8, Anand wrote:
You can install the version with python3 support using:
pip install web.py==0.40.dev0

Any plan for a stable release?

Maintaining a project is not easy. We need more contributors to keep the activity high. There are lot of places where we need some improvements. Everyone is welcome to contribute.

There're a lot pull requests, issues, so we do have contributors. But no one merge them into master branch.
How about calling for others to join the project and grant them privileges to update master branch?

Andrzej Trzaska

Feb 26, 2018, 9:23:33 AM2/26/18
to web.py