node-webpipe

Tom Robinson

Nov 29, 2012, 12:23:00 AM11/29/12
to webp...@googlegroups.com
I just pushed a server lib for making blocks: https://github.com/webpipes/node-webpipe

This should make it much easier to build robust blocks since it handles all the HTTP stuff and validation for you.

Here are examples using JavaScript:

and CoffeeScript:

The Coffee one looks particularly nice to me.

What do you guys think?

Matthew Hudson

Nov 29, 2012, 12:33:23 AM11/29/12
to webp...@googlegroups.com
A stunning piece of JavaScript. Fantastic work!

V/R

Matthew Hudson

Tom Robinson

Nov 30, 2012, 7:09:34 AM11/30/12
to Matthew Hudson, webp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Any opinions on the block definition API syntax?

I'm thinking about leaving both in there and just documenting the chaining API as "the JavaScript API" and the builder API as "the CoffeeScript API", since each is tailored to the language's syntax (of course there's nothing stopping you from using either in both languages).

In that case the only question is whether or not to provide both input/output APIs ("input(name, type, required)" vs "input({name:name, ...})"), or pick one.

-tom