http 401 errror starting a managed server

Jim Brockman

Mar 16, 2001, 3:01:53 PM3/16/01

I'm new to wl and am setting up a managed server on wl6.0.
I read and followed the instructions in the admin guide - really!
I have an admin server running under the petstore domain,
on port 7001 and am trying to run a managed server under
"devdomain".

Below is the java command my startup script is using
to start the managed server. It is failing with a security
error (http 401). I don't see anything in the dox about an
additional userid/password control at the http level.
When I browse directly to http://webdev:7001/Bootstrap,
I get http password pop-up. The system userid and password
does not work.

What dox can I go to for help on this?

Thx

Jim Brockman

java -ms64m -mx64m -classpath
/opt/bea/wlserver6.0:/opt/bea/wlserver6.0/lib/weblogic_sp.jar:/opt/bea/wlser
ver6.0/lib/weblogic.jar:/opt/bea:/opt/bea/wlserver6.0/lib/jdbctype4drivers/c
lasses12.zip -Dweblogic.Domain=devdomain -Dweblogic.Name=devserver -Dweblogi
c.management.server=webdev:7001 -Djava.security.policy=/opt/bea/wlserver6.0/
lib/weblogic.policy -Dweblogic.management.username=system -Dweblogic.managem
ent.password=xxxxxxxx weblogic.Server

Starting WebLogic Server ....
Connecting to http://webdev:7001...
The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised: weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException:
connecting to http://webdev:7001/Bootstrap/ - with nested exception:
[weblogic.net.http.HttpUnauthorizedException: 401]
weblogic.net.http.HttpUnauthorizedException: 401
at
weblogic.net.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:32
8)
at
java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:230)
at weblogic.management.Admin.getBootstrapLocalServer(Admin.java:825)
at weblogic.management.Admin.initialize(Admin.java:274)