Error Starting Weblogic Server as a Win2K service

Babu Arumugam

Sep 12, 2002, 1:20:28 PM9/12/02

Hi

I am unable to start Weblogic Server 6.1 as a Windows 2000 Server
service. Installation as NT service is successful and I used the password as
"weblogic" for the system user. But then when I try to start the service it gives
the following error complaining about incorrect password for the system user.

####<Sep 11, 2002 11:39:11 AM EDT> <Info> <Logging> <LDSERV10> <myserver> <main>
<> <> <000000> <FileLogger Opened.>
####<Sep 11, 2002 11:39:13 AM EDT> <Error> <Security> <LDSERV10> <myserver> <main>
<> <> <090052> <Server installed as NT Service with incorrect password for user
system.>
####<Sep 11, 2002 11:39:13 AM EDT> <Emergency> <Server> <LDSERV10> <myserver>
<main> <> <> <000000> <Unable to initialize the server: 'Fatal initialization
exception
Throwable: java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication for user system denied;
contact your administrator to correct NT Service attributes
java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication for user system denied; contact your
administrator to correct NT Service attributes
at weblogic.security.SecurityService.initializeSuid(SecurityService.java:308)
at weblogic.security.SecurityService.initialize(SecurityService.java:118)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:390)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:202)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
'>

Please, any help is gratly appriciated.

Thanks

Babu

Babu Arumugam

Sep 12, 2002, 1:35:35 PM9/12/02

Hi

I forgot to add in my prevoius msg that I am able to start the weblogic server
from the cmd propt with out any error. The problem is only when I try to start
it as a windows service .

Thanks

babu

Glenn Dougherty

Sep 12, 2002, 1:44:30 PM9/12/02
to Babu Arumugam
Babu,

Do you have a password.ini file in the directory structure that may have the wrong
password in it?

You can run the server as a simulated service by opening a command prompt, and
running $>beasvc.exe -debug ...

This way you can see the stdout and maybe see what's going on with your password
situation.

Regards,
Glenn
Developer Relations Engineer
BEA Technical Support

Venkat

Sep 17, 2002, 9:00:59 PM9/17/02
Read the following section
"Changing Passwords for a Server Installed as a Windows Service"
in the URL below

http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs61/adminguide/startstop.html#1026476