Impossibility to exec startWebLogic.sh

Le Fustec Sebastien

Apr 5, 2001, 6:44:52 AM4/5/01

After installing an evaluation version of WLAS 6.0 without errors on platform Linux
Red Hat, when we launch startWebLogic.sh , we obtain this message :

Starting WebLogic Server ....
The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised: weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException: XmlRepository
directory ./config does not
exist
weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException: XmlRepository directory
/config does not exist
at weblogic.management.internal.xml.XmlFileRepository.setDirectories(XmlFileRepository.java:74)
at weblogic.management.AdminServer.initializeRepositories(AdminServer.java:187)
at weblogic.management.AdminServer.configureFromRepository(AdminServer.java:164)
at weblogic.management.AdminServer.configure(AdminServer.java:154)
at weblogic.management.Admin.initialize(Admin.java:196)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:317)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:169)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
Reason: Fatal initialization exception
startWebLogic.sh: config/: No such file or directory

We don't understand why this error as the config directory exist !!
Any help will be appreciated !!

Sincerly
Sébastien Le Fustec

Jesus M. Salvo Jr.

Apr 5, 2001, 9:08:18 PM4/5/01

I am running WLS 6.0 on Linux so I can probably help:

* On which directory are you running startWebLogic.sh? ( For example, to
startup the domain "mydomain", you should cd to config/mydomain, and run
startWebLogic.sh from there ).

* Under what user are you executing startWebLogic.sh. Are the
permissions of the files and directories set ok ( They should, but just
in case )?

Anyway, the exception reads like it cannot find config.xml, which is
located on each domain ( e.g.: config/mydomain and config/petstore )

John