Bug with Deployer Tool on Win2K

Alan Quinton

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Has anyone reported that the EJB Deployer Tool 5.1 cannot handle paths with
spaces on Win2K. I am constantly getting crashes when I load the thing with
call stacks like:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1497)
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1470)
at
weblogic.ejb.ui.deployer.DeployerFrame.insertFileMenuProjectsAndTail(
DeployerFrame.java:2669)
at
weblogic.ejb.ui.deployer.DeployerFrame.<init>(DeployerFrame.java:474)

at weblogic.ejb.ui.deployer.DeployerTool$1.run(DeployerTool.java:99)

if I had to guess I would say there is a bug in
insertFileMenuProjectsAndTail() where it's not handling spaces properly.
This probably also happening when it's trying to load the recent file list
on the File menu. I noticed it's using the "Documents and Settings"
directory because that's what %USERPROFILE% is set to, but blowing away the
.ejbdeployer directory doesn't help. Can anyone tell me how to get around
this short of re-installing the product.

Thanks,
Alan Quinton
Autodesk, Inc.

Kumar Allamraju

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Make sure that you started the deployer tool with latest service pack.
Re-post if you still see the problem.

--
Kumar