dbping problems

Anand Sastry

Apr 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/5/00

I 'm running Oracle 8i (8.1.6) and Weblogic 4.5.1 on an NT server. When I
run dbping (part of the weblogic distribution) I get the following call
stack. This newsgroup has similar postings indicating occurence of the same
problem. One of the recommended solutions was to check the class path out. I
have tried everything I can think of but have not been able to resolve this.
Has someone found a solution to this. A response would be greatly
appreciated . FYI, we are using Type 2 JDBC drivers.

java.sql.SQLException: Error while trying to retrieve text for error
ORA-00000 - (SCOTT/********@PX)
at weblogic.db.oci.OciConnection.getLDAException(OciConnection.java:100)
at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:156)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at utils.dbping.main(dbping.java:139)

Thanx again

Anand Sastry

Joseph Weinstein

Apr 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/5/00
to Anand Sastry
Hi ANand. My first suspicion is that you don't have your ORACLE_HOME
environment variable set. Oracle and OCI use that to find the install directory,
where the error message tests are stored.
Joe

Anand Sastry wrote:

--

PS: Folks: BEA WebLogic is in S.F., and now has some entry-level positions for
people who want to work with Java and E-Commerce infrastructure products. Send