NodeManager problem

Martin Matthews

Sep 17, 2001, 1:07:47 PM9/17/01
Hi there

I have Weblogic 6.1 installed on 3 Sun boxes running Solaris 8. One machine
is has Weblogic running as the Admin server, the other two have NodeManager
running and are intended to be running Manager Servers. I can start the
Managed servers on the two machine using the supplied start scripts but when
I try to start/kill them using NodeManager I get the following error:

<17-Sep-01 17:53:09 BST> <Info> <NodeM...@192.168.10.13:5555>
<BaseProcessControl: saving process id of Weblogic Managed server
'ManagedServer01', pid: 322>
Starting WebLogic Server ....
Child exited

The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
java/lang/reflect/InvocationHandler
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/reflect/InvocationHandler
at weblogic.management.Admin.initialize(Admin.java:264)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:354)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:197)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
Reason: Fatal initialization exception

<17-Jul-01 17:54:17 BST> <Error> <NodeManager> <CommandInvoker: Socket
read timeout - no output for 60 seconds>

I have set up the Startup parameters for each of the machines and they
contain the correct classpath.
(WL_HOME/lib/weblogic_sp.jar:WL_HOME/lib/weblogic.jar) and totally confused
as to why this is happening as I have set up these clusters before and not
had a problem. Admittedly they were all on NT.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.

Martin

Rob Woollen

Sep 18, 2001, 1:22:28 AM9/18/01
WLS 6.1 requires JDK 1.3.1. It looks like you are trying to run an
older version.

-- Rob

AVAILABLE NOW!: Building J2EE Applications & BEA WebLogic Server

by Michael Girdley, Rob Woollen, and Sandra Emerson

http://learnWebLogic.com

Martin Matthews

Sep 18, 2001, 4:34:29 AM9/18/01
Cheers for the reply Rob but Weblogic 6.1 ships with JDK 1.3.1. This is also
specified in the startup scripts (JAVA_HOME) for NodeManager which should
then be passed onto the ManagedServer that NodeManager is asked to start.

Any other ideas?

Martin

"Rob Woollen" <TheScreamOf...@bounce.me> wrote in message

Rob Woollen

Sep 18, 2001, 2:37:50 PM9/18/01
Indeed, but I'd recommend that you check again.
java.lang.ref.InvocationHandler is distributed with JDK 1.3.x. You
shouldn't get a NoClassDefFoundError on it. It won't be there in <
1.3.x JDKs.

Do you have older JDKs installed on the target machine?
You might also consider running the java vm with the -verbose switch so
that we can see which classes it is loading.