wl5.1 sp1 on NT can't start from console.

Timur Maltaric

May 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/18/00
It starts ok if I click on Server in the Start menu. Then I can connect
to it with the console. I can also shut down from the console but can't
start it. This is what I get if I try:

Attempting to start server on the machine running the console using
D:\weblogic\jre1_2\jre\bin\java.exe -mx32m -ms32m -classpath
"D:\weblogic\jre1_2\jre\lib\rt.jar;D:\weblogic\jre1_2\jre\lib\i18n.jar;D:\weblogic\lib\i18n.jar;D:\weblogic\classes\boot;D:\weblogic\eval\cloudscape\lib\cloudscape.jar"
-Dweblogic.class.path=d:\weblogic\lib\weblogic510sp1.jar;d:\weblogic\license;d:\weblogic\classes;d:\weblogic\myserver\serverclasses;d:\weblogic\lib\weblogicaux.jar
-Dweblogic.system.discardOutAndErr=true -Djava.security.manager
-Djava.security.policy==D:\weblogic\weblogic.policy
-Dweblogic.system.name=myserver -Dweblogic.system.home=D:\weblogic
-Dweblogic.cluster.enable=false -Dweblogic.cluster.name=mycluster
-Dweblogic.system.listenPort=7001 -Dweblogic.system.SSLListenPort=7002
-Dweblogic.cluster.multicastAddress=237.0.0.1 weblogic.Server
Thu May 18 10:20:59 EDT 2000:<I> <WebLogicServer> Read global properties
D:\weblogic\weblogic.properties
Thu May 18 10:20:59 EDT 2000:<I> <WebLogicServer> No per-server
properties files found
Thu May 18 10:20:59 EDT 2000:<I> <Logging> FileLogger initialized.
Thu May 18 10:20:59 EDT 2000:<I> <WebLogicServer> ************ WebLogic
Server (5.1.0 04/03/2000 17:13:23 #66825) 'myserver' from directory path
D:\weblogic

Thu May 18 10:21:13 EDT 2000:<I> <EJB> 0 EJB jar files loaded,
containing 0 EJBs
Thu May 18 10:21:13 EDT 2000:<I> <EJB> 0 deployed, 0 failed to deploy.

The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: weblogic.boot.ServerClassLoader: method
getClassLoadNotify()Lweblogic/boot/ClassLoadNotify; not found
at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoader.java:140)

at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoader.java:112)

at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoader.java:104)

at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.<init>(RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.java:53)

at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader$SingleSlave.<init>(RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.java:149)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.setClassLoader(ServletContextImpl.java:1390)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.<init>(ServletContextImpl.java:513)

at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.initServletContexts(HttpServer.java,
Compiled Code)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:442)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java, Compiled Code)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:825)
at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:99)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:65)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:55)
[...]

Connection lost to tmaltaric.tor.bis:7001.
Attempting to reconnect.
Deliberate disconnect from myserver

Thanks

Timur Maltaric
Bowne Internet Solutions
Toronto

Timur Maltaric

May 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/18/00
When starting from console JAVA_HOME is not jdk1.2.2 as is when starting from command prompt. it shouldn't be using D:\weblogic\jre1_2\jre\bin\java.exe. Are there two
config files? hmmm.

Timur Maltaric

May 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/18/00
Well, there are two consoles in the bin directory. The wlconsole.exe has the correct classpath and starts the server correctly. Wlconsolew.exe has the old classpath and
is messed up. Where do these two executables get their classpath info from? Why are there two?

Timur Maltaric

Mark Griffith <News

May 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/18/00
Tim:

I have filed an eng issue # 10651 on this.

In the meantime, dont start from the console. :(

Sorry.

Cheers
markG.

In article <392404BB...@bowneinternet.com>,
timur.m...@bowneinternet.com says...

NewsGroup Rant
Rant 1.

The less info you provide about your problem means
the less we can help you. Try to look at the
problem from an external perspective and provide
all the data necessary to put your problem in
perspective.

Gary Aitken

May 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/18/00
to Timur Maltaric
Timur,

Can you please send me the two classpaths so I can see what's
different about them? I get both paths being the same.
Also, please run wlconfig (located in weblogic/bin) and send
that output also.
Thanks.

--
Gary Aitken ga...@weblogic.com (business)
ga...@dreamchaser.org (personal)

Gary Aitken

May 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/19/00
to Timur Maltaric

Ugh. Turns out wlconsolew.exe forces the jvm to be the default jvm
used by the tour. The same executable is being used by both the
tour and the normal console start from the start menu. This is
not a good thing.

wlconsole.exe gets its jvm from the registry, which is the right
thing in all cases except when running the tour.

Work-around:

If you've changed the default jvm, you can get the start menu to
start the console using the proper jvm by editing the start menu
shortcut to make it point to wlconsole.exe instead of wlconsolew.exe:
start/settings/taskbar...
Taksbar Properties dialog should appear
click Start Menu Programs tab
click Advanced... button
Explorer should appear focused on your user id folder
navigate to C:\\WINNT\Profiles\All Users\Start Menu\PROGRAMS\Weblogic 5.1.0
Right mouse click on WebLogic Console shortcut to get the popup menu,
then click on Properties
WebLogic Console Properties dialog should appear
click on Shortcut tab
In the Target entry, change wlconsolew.exe to wlconsole.exe

This has one undesirable side-effect that I know of: a dos cmd window
appears as well as the console itself. You can iconify it but can't
get rid of it, as killing it will kill the console. If you also set
the Run entry to Minimized, both the dos and the console window will
start iconified.

Alternately, you can modify the shortcut to do something like
<yourfavorite1.2jvm>\bin\javaw -mx32m
-classpath <weblogichome>\classes;<weblogichome>\weblogicaux.jar
weblogic.Console