Problem starting managed server when in STANDBY state.

Jarrod Dumble

Oct 7, 2004, 2:52:58 AM10/7/04
Hi, I have a clustered server with a managed node which is not starting. When the NodeManager and Admin servers start successfully I can see that the managed node in question has been somwhat loaded but is in the 'STANDBY' state.

After using the Console control panel to 'resume' server I get the following error:
weblogic.utils.AssertionError: ***** ASSERTION FAILED *****[ Can only start a STANDBY service ]
at weblogic.utils.Debug.assertion(Debug.java:57)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.NamingService.resume(NamingService.java:87)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemManager.resume(SubsystemManager.java:131)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:964)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerRuntime.unprotectedResume(ServerRuntime.java:459)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerRuntime.access$200(ServerRuntime.java:83)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerRuntime$3.run(ServerRuntime.java:403)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerRuntime.resume(ServerRuntime.java:399)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:711)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:690)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1557)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1525)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl.private_invoke(RemoteMBeanServerImpl.java:947)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl.invoke(RemoteMBeanServerImpl.java:908)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicServerRef.java:477)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$1.run(BasicServerRef.java:420)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:353)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:144)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest(BasicServerRef.java:415)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute(BasicExecuteRequest.java:30)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)

Has anybody seen this before?

Thanks.

Hussein Badakhchani

Oct 12, 2004, 9:06:57 AM10/12/04
Can you double check the state of the standby server using the weblogic.Admin tool when your console says it is in standby state.

Also refresh the console ;) don't laugh!

Also check using the console the node manager log

server>control>click status link

Hoos

Ramachandran Samuel Ragunaat

Nov 3, 2004, 2:09:18 PM11/3/04

I encountered the same error in my environment today. Did you managed to resolve it. If yes, can you pls. share it.

Thanks,
Samuel

Ramachandran Samuel Ragunaat

Nov 3, 2004, 2:50:56 PM11/3/04
This was because of my IP changes. Now it works.
Thanks,
Samuel