WL8.1 sp1 connecting to an internal weblogic jms queue using t3://localhost:7001

Mike Grandmasion

Dec 18, 2003, 12:10:23 PM12/18/03
I received the following error message on startup and my server quit
responding.

The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
java.lang.AssertionError: The internal method that you have invoked is
not available unless you are running as
Kernel!
at weblogic.management.Admin.assertIfNotKernel(Admin.java:1598)
at weblogic.management.Admin.getTimestamp3(Admin.java:1791)
at weblogic.security.service.SSLManager.getServerPrivateKey(SSLManager.java:499)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.SSLListenThread.initSSLContext(SSLListenThread.java:166)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.SSLListenThread.<init>(SSLListenThread.java:139)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.SSLListenThread.<init>(SSLListenThread.java:125)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initializeListenThreads(T3Srvr.java:1613)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:1020)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:359)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
Reason: The internal method that you have invoked is not available
unless you are running as Kernel!

I found my problem was that I was using a t3://localhost:7001 JNDI
provider url for a weblogic jms server.

Weblogic docs say to:

For WebLogic JMS, leave this field blank if you are referencing
WebLogic JMS objects within the same cluster. When no URL is
specified, look-ups will be performed on the JNDI server within the
WebLogic Server instance where this connection factory is deployed.

Making the url blank seems to have fixed things. Pretty bad error
handling though and misleading exception.

Mike