WLS 5.1.0 sp1 jdk1.2.2 vs jdk1.3

Dominique Jean-Prost

May 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/18/00
Hello,

When I run WLS 5.1.0 sp1 with jdk1.2.2 all run well at startup, I mean my
connection pools are well started.
When I switch to jdk1.3, with same configuration I get this exception at
start up :

jeu. mai 18 10:24:40 CEST 2000:<I> <WebLogicServer> Invoking main-style
startup weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcStartup
weblogic.jdbc.common.interna
l.JdbcStartup
jeu. mai 18 10:24:40 CEST 2000:<E> <WebLogicServer> Failed to invoke startup
class weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcStartup=weblogic.jdbc.common.inte
rnal.JdbcStartup
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.sql.SQLPermission
setLog)
at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java
:272)
at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:399)
at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)
at java.sql.DriverManager.setLogStream(DriverManager.java:397)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcInfo.initLog(JdbcInfo.java:66)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcInfo.startup(JdbcInfo.java:187)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcStartup.main(JdbcStartup.java:11)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.runMain(StartupThread.java:219)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.doWork(StartupThread.java:109)
at
weblogic.t3.srvr.PropertyExecuteThread.run(PropertyExecuteThread.java:62)

And then my connection pools are not started.

I didn't change anything of the policy files of the jdk1.2.2 and of the jdk
1.3.

Can someone tell me what's wrong ?
regards.

dom

Mark Griffith <News

May 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/18/00
1. 1.1.3 is not yet supported.
2. It looks like either you do not have the policy file configured for
1.3 OR something has changed in the security manager from 1.2 and you
need to alter it for 1.3.

Cheers
mbg

In article <8g09gc$8o1$1...@newsgroups.bea.com>, djean-prost@grh-
informatique.fr says...

NewsGroup Rant
Rant 1.

The less info you provide about your problem means
the less we can help you. Try to look at the
problem from an external perspective and provide
all the data necessary to put your problem in
perspective.

Jon Weygandt

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
Try putting the following line in weblogic.policy, in the final grant block:

permission java.sql.SQLPermission "setLog";

Anil Kona

Sep 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/27/00

Did u get this to work? I also have the same problem....

Anil