Unable to locate a login configuration

venkatarao chappidi

Dec 17, 2002, 3:49:29 AM12/17/02
Hi

We are running the weblogic6.1 from the outside the weblogic
installation by creating config and domain. we have copied
fileRealm.properties and SerializedSystemIni.dat to our domain. For
running weblogic we are using the perl scripts. The startWeblogic perl
script is given below.

$run.=" -DAPP_HOME=$APP_HOME"
." -Dweblogic.Domain=${domain}"
." -Dweblogic.Name=${domain}Engine"
." -Dweblogic.management.password=$WLS_PW"
." -Dweblogic.management.server=\"http://$SERVERHOST:$ADMIN_PORT\""
." -Dweblogic.RootDirectory=$APP_HOME/install"
." -Dbea.home=$WL_HOME/.. "
." -Djava.security.policy=$WL_HOME/lib/weblogic.policy"
." -Dweblogic.management.discover=false";
$run.=" -Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled=false" if $debug;
$run.=" -Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled=true" unless $debug;
$run.=" -DApp=$domain"
." -DAppMode=ENGINE"
." -DAppEnv=$APP_ENV"
." weblogic.Server";

The error given below.

java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login configuration
at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.getAppConfigurationEntry(ConfigFile.java:221)
at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.init(LoginContext.java:172)
at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.<init>(LoginContext.java:319)
at weblogic.security.internal.ServerAuthenticate.main(ServerAuthenticate.java:78)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:210)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)

This error is related to JAAS this is not able to find Login Module
for JAAS

We have tried with the following option. Here we have created
login.config file with security module entry

login.config
ServerLoginModule {
com.sun.security.auth.module.SolarisLoginModule required debug=true;
};
This option given in startweblogic script. With this option that is
not locating path of login.config

."-Djava.security.auth.login.config=$WL_HOME/lib/aix/login.config"

If any one encountered this kind of problem or any solution for this
problem can be forwarded to us.

Advance thanks.