WLS 7.0.1 on Red Hat 7.2

Kevin Espenshade

Nov 13, 2002, 5:22:20 PM11/13/02
I just installed WLS on Red Hat 7.2 without any error messages. However, when I try to start any of the sample configurations, I get errors that begin like this:

<Nov 13, 2002 4:21:55 PM CST> <Error> <Deployer> <149204> <The Deployment framework was unable to register with the Data Replication Service. RegisterException due to underlying exception java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.drs.internal.DataReplicationService.registerSlave(DataReplicationService.java:276)
at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.initialize(SlaveDeployer.java:265)
at weblogic.management.deploy.DeploymentManagerServerLifeCycleImpl.initialize(DeploymentManagerServerLifeCycleImpl.java:150)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerLifeCycleList.initialize(ServerLifeCycleList.java:54)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize1(T3Srvr.java:756)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:589)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:277)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)

The same system was succesfully running WLS 6.1 SP2. Please help.

Rajesh Mirchandani

Nov 13, 2002, 6:18:08 PM11/13/02
Check if localhost on your system resolves to an IP.

Kevin Espenshade wrote:

--
Rajesh Mirchandani
Developer Relations Engineer