failure extracting WAR classes when starting weblogic server

Linden Lu

Mar 8, 2002, 2:28:40 PM3/8/02

I installed weblogic6.1 app server on Solaris box. It works fine at first. Then
I moved the unix box to anther place which means it has different IP. Then I have
following exception when I try to start the weblogic server:(I haven't deployed
any thing in the server yet, so it's just a newly installed weblogic server)

Starting WebLogic Server ....
<Mar 8, 2002 10:40:26 AM PST> <Notice> <Management> <Loading configuration file
/config/mydomain/config.xml ...>
<Mar 8, 2002 10:40:35 AM PST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <Starting WebLogic Admin
Server "privoserver" for domain "privodomain">
<Mar 8, 2002 10:40:45 AM PST> <Error> <HTTP> <[WebAppServletContext(604746,wl_management_internal2,/wl_management_internal2)]
failure extracting WAR classes
java.io.IOException: Permission denied
at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1162)
at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1247)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppHelper.extractClassFiles(WebAppHelper.java:71)

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Linden

Jean-François Gervais

Apr 12, 2002, 8:07:09 AM4/12/02
Hi

This is a Unix problem, you may check if you have all the permissions.
I suspect that some of the files which may be owned by someone other than user-value and therefore preventing the writting to the
files.
Can you check the files owership under /usr/local/bea/wlserver6.1/config/mydomain/applications/.wlnotdelete to see if any of the
files or subdirectories are owned by someone else, such as 'root' or even under different group?"

Hope this help
JFG