help is really needed in web service example.

david zhang

Dec 10, 2001, 10:37:49 PM12/10/01

I tested WebLogic 6.1 message-style web service example. For the
ProducerClient.java example, I tested successfully. But for
the ConsumerClient.java example, I kept getting error messages.
Can any expert offers some explanation or advice? Need to
show my boss the cool thing. Any help is highly appreciated.

The server-side message is:

Servlet failed with Exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
weblogic.soap.server.servlet.QueueReceiveAdapter.doPost(QueueReceiveA
dapter.java:124)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:263)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:200)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:2390)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:1959)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

The client-side message:

Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://localhost:70
01/msg/receiveMsg
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLCon
nection.java:674)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderFieldKey(HttpURL
Connection.java:1163)
at
weblogic.soap.WebServiceProxy.getSessionCookie(WebServiceProxy.java:5
09)
at weblogic.soap.WebServiceProxy.receive(WebServiceProxy.java:477)
at weblogic.soap.WebServiceProxy.invoke(WebServiceProxy.java:431)
at weblogic.soap.SoapMethod.invoke(SoapMethod.java:186)
at ConsumerClient.main(ConsumerClient.java:52)

Michael Young

Dec 12, 2001, 1:50:26 PM12/12/01
Hi.

Strange. I just tried this example myself and it worked ok for me. All I did
was follow the instructions to the letter, which is probably what you are
doing as well. FWIW I am using WLS 6.1 with sp1. If you are not already
using sp1 try upgrading.

You might also have better luck posting this issue to
weblogic.developer.interest.webservices. That newsgroup deals directly with
webservices issues.

Thanks,
Michael

david zhang wrote: