Where is weblogic_sp.jar ???

Puneet Maini

Oct 5, 2001, 5:53:35 AM10/5/01

Hi All,
I have installed WL6.1 on Windows NT
& according to BEA there should be two files in WL_HOME/lib directory named
1. weblogic.jar
2. weblogic_sp.jar

weblogic.jar is there but am not able to find *weblogic_sp.jar*.

Have anybody encountered this problem earlier?

Thanx to all in advance
-- Puneet

Kesava Regulagedda

Oct 5, 2001, 1:31:53 PM10/5/01
Puneet,

You are fine with weblogic.jar and again in future when you upgrade with
Service Packs you may see weblogic_sp.jar in WL_HOME/lib directory.

Kesava

"Puneet Maini" <pc_m...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

jignesh

Oct 5, 2001, 6:04:31 PM10/5/01

Don't worry. When you upgrade your WLS to 6.1 SP1, you will see it. I guess BEA
is not changing documentation for the same.

Thanks
Jignesh Patel

unknown

Feb 22, 2002, 11:30:19 AM2/22/02
Actually, I installed WLS 6.1 sp1 and it's still isn't there... Do you have any suggestions?

Michael Young

Feb 22, 2002, 12:49:02 PM2/22/02
hi.

Don't worry about it. Originally we were going to add service pack jar files to wls 6.x as we
have with earlier versions of WLS. Since then the decision was made to integrate the new
service pack jar file classes into weblogic.jar and other files when you install the service
pack. The weblogic_sp.jar file is leftover from the original strategy and hasn't been cleaned
up yet. The docs haven't been fixed yet either - we'll get to that eventually - but the problem
is benign.

Regards,
Michael

--
Michael Young
Developer Relations Engineer

Sesh

Apr 30, 2002, 6:09:29 AM4/30/02
Any idea if this weblogic_sp.jar has to do anything with ant.

In the ant.bat what weblogic has provided I see weblogic_sp.jar has been included in the classpath..

I am facing a problem in creating EJBs My server is behind a firewall and I am getting this error message

D:\src\esupport\tools\ant\build.xml:1267: SAXException while parsing 'ejb-jar.xm
l'. This probably indicates badly-formed XML. Details: External entity not foun
d: "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/ejb-jar_1_1.dtd".
--- Nested Exception ---
java.net.SocketException: no further information (code=10071)
at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.fatal(Parser.java:2817)
at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.externalParameterEntity(Parser.java:250
at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeDoctypeDecl(Parser.java:1137)
at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parseInternal(Parser.java:481)
at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:284)

Nelson Paiva

Apr 30, 2002, 10:54:18 AM4/30/02
Hi Sesh,

This file does not exist in the WLS installation.

The DOCTYPE directive in your deployment descriptors is pointing to a DTD on
Sun website. As such, your machine needs to be able to get to the internet
during the compilation.
My suggestion is to store the file locally, and have this directive point to
the local copy of the DTD to get around the issue.

- nelson paiva