Can't get jsp interpretation

1 view

dsw...@attglobal.net

Mar 29, 2001, 6:01:44 PM3/29/01
I've just installed WL on Win 2000 Pro, and I can't get scriplets to
interpret in .jsp files.

- I modified setenv.cmd to reflect my WL_HOME and JAVA_HOME directories
- I modified weblogic.properties JSP section (see below)
- I run setenv.cmd
- I start the server with startweblogic.cmd. It tells me it's running.
- I can view http://localhost:7001/file/index.html ok
- I place a simple html file called test.jsp into directory public_html and
it renders to my browser (MSIE) ok
- Then I insert the following scriptlet into the html file:

<%
out.print("this is java");
%>

and the scriptlet simply gets passed through to the browser, without
interpretation. Also, the wl console displays the following error message:

Thu Mar 29 17:49:22 EST 2001:<E> <HTTP> Connection failure
java.net.SocketException: Connection aborted by peer: JVM_recv in socket
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)
at weblogic.socket.JavaSocketMuxer.processSockets(JavaSocketMuxe
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderReque
-------------
my weblogic.properties file JSP section:
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
# WEBLOGIC JSP PROPERTIES
# ------------------------------------------------
# Sets up automatic page compilation for JSP. Adjust init args for
# directory locations and uncomment to use.
weblogic.httpd.register.*.jsp=\
weblogic.servlet.JSPServlet
weblogic.httpd.initArgs.*.jsp=\
pageCheckSeconds=60,\
compileCommand=e:\jdk1.3\bin\javac.exe,\
workingDir=e:\weblogic\myserver\classfiles,\
verbose=true

Thanks,
David Swearingen