IllegalAccessError when starting WL Portal

David Bandiera

Mar 29, 2002, 12:50:22 PM3/29/02
Hello,

I can't start the WL Portal after installation.

On a Windows 2000 Server SP2 :
- I installed WebLogic Server 6.1 SP2 with the examples
- I installed WebLogic Portal 4.0 SP1 (giving the same password as during
the WL Server installation)
- I installed EBCC 4.0 SP1
- I installed WebLogic jDriver for MS SQL Server (I created the CLASSPATH
environment variable, as stated in the documentation)
- I updated the license with UpdateLicense.cmd

Now I can:
- run the default WL server, both from the menu and as a service
- enter the WL server console (on port 7001)
- run the EBCC

But when I try to start the WL Portal, I get an IllegalAccessError (with the
same password I gave during installation and I use to enter the server
console):
The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised:
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access method
weblogic/management/internal/Helper.preloadMBeanInfos()V from class
weblogic/management/Admin
at weblogic.management.Admin.initialize(Admin.java:210)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:362)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:202)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
Reason: Fatal initialization exception

So I decided to re-install the WL Portal, but when I tried first to
uninstall it, I got this error: "Can't launch executable. Could not find a
suitable Java Virtual Machine on your system."

Any idea ?

Michael Young

Apr 1, 2002, 2:20:29 PM4/1/02
hi.

you might try posting this on the weblogic.developer.interest.portal newsgroup.

Regards,
Michael

David Bandiera wrote:

--
Michael Young
Developer Relations Engineer

Yogesh

Jul 8, 2002, 9:21:21 AM7/8/02
I am also getting the same error as "IllegalAccessError while tring to start WL Portal server " Please give the solution.
Thanks,
Yogesh