NullPointerException in ServletContext

Rick MacConnell

Aug 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/29/00
I've installed WLS 5.1 and SP4 on a Sun box running Solaris 7. The
server starts without any problem but when I try to access any page, I get
the following error:

Tue Aug 29 10:45:42 EDT 2000:<E> <ServletContextManager> Servlet request
terminiated with RuntimeException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.socket.TunnelContext.getServlet(TunnelContext.java:24)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
Manager.java:240)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:363)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:263)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Jerry de Raad

Aug 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/31/00

I'm having a similar error with Solaris 7, WLS 5.1 SP5 and JDK 1.2.2_05. This only happens after our application has been running for a while.

Here is the stack trace:

Tue Aug 29 18:43:48 PDT 2000:<E> <ServletContextManager> Servlet request terminiated with RuntimeException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.socket.TunnelContext.getServlet(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(Compile
d Code)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Jerry.