WebLogic 5.1 server not coming up....

Sunil Rao

May 23, 2001, 1:47:32 PM5/23/01
Hi all,

I am pretty new to weblogic and am running Weblogic 5.1 SP6. After
installation when I run startWeblogic.sh I get the following error.
Could anyone help me?

Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission createSecurityManager )
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:94)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:42)
at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:47)
at java.lang.SecurityException.<init>(SecurityException.java:39)

at
java.security.AccessControlException.<init>(AccessControlException.java:57)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Compiled
Code)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Compiled Code)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.<init>(SecurityManager.java:307)
at
weblogic.boot.ServerSecurityManager.<init>(ServerSecurityManager.java:11)

at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:59)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:55)

Thanks,

Sunil

Giri Alwar

May 23, 2001, 5:31:49 PM5/23/01
The Java Security Manager is not allowing access to the weblogic process
(probably because weblogic was not installed under the root i.e.,
"/weblogic"). You will need to modify the "weblogic.policy" file under the
weblogic directory to grant permission to your weblogic install directory
(by default it grants access to "/weblogic" only - you will need to modify
this to your installation directory).

Here's the link for more info:
http://www.weblogic.com/docs51/install/startserver.html#1042251

Giri