Failed in deploying Web Application (.ear file)

TJ

Mar 20, 2002, 4:56:40 PM3/20/02

I am trying to deploy a web application (file1.ear) but I got FileNotFoundException
in webnohup.out.
I did include this application in config.xml, as follows:
<Application Deployed="true" Name="file1" Path="opt/weblogic6/config/ejbjars/file1.ear">
<EJBComponent Name="EJB1" Targets="mysrv" URI="EJB1.jar"/>
<WebAppComponent Name="App1" Targets="mysrv" URI="App1.war"/>
<EJBComponent Name="EJB2" Targets="mysrv" URI="EJB2.jar"/>
</Application>

In webnohup.out file, the following exception is thrown:

<Mar 20, 2002 4:52:39 PM EST> <Error> <Management> <Application care:Name=file1,Type=Application
not found at ./opt/weblogic6/config/ejbjars/file1.ear>
<Mar 20, 2002 4:52:39 PM EST> <Error> <Management> <IOException opening application
care:Name=file1,Type=Application, loading from path opt/weblogic6/config/ejbjars/file1.ear
java.io.FileNotFoundException: file does not exist: ./opt/weblogic6/config/ejbjars/file1.ear
at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.Application.adminLoad(Application.j
ava:431)
at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.Application.load(Application.java:3
87)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMB
eanImpl.java:636)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl
java:621)
at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(Configurat
ionMBeanImpl.java:359)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
55)

If you looked at the exception, it looks like that we can not put ABSOLUTE PATH
in Path of config.xml since it will append the Weblogic home to the Path defined
in config.xml.

Is this correct or I missed anything?
How do we use ABSOLUTE PATH in config.xml if you want to deploy Web application?

Environment: SUNOS, Weblogic 6.1.

Thanks

Christian Buchegger

Mar 22, 2002, 5:33:58 AM3/22/02

specifying a leading slash shoul be enough to let the system know that it is an absolute path.

Regards,
Christian Buchegger
Developer Relations Engineer
BEA Support