WLPortal won't start on Red Hat 7.1

Bill Goggin

Feb 12, 2002, 1:13:38 PM2/12/02
I downloaded an evaluation copy of WLPortal 4.0 and installed it on
RedHat 7.1. When starting, I get the following error:

java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login configuration
at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.getAppConfigurationEntry(ConfigFile.java:221)
at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.init(LoginContext.java:172)
at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.<init>(LoginContext.java:319)
at weblogic.security.internal.ServerAuthenticate.main(ServerAuthenticate.java:81)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:200)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)

I don't think it's a license problem because the startup messages
indicate that it's getting past that part. I'm using the jdk
1.3.1_02-b02. Can anyone help?

Michael Young

Feb 14, 2002, 12:37:17 PM2/14/02
Hi.

A couple of things to check - make sure you are running portal on WLS 6.1 sp1. Also make sure you
are running with the jdk that installs with wls. Also, the docs indicate that you need to install
the version of wls that includes the examples.

If you have verified all of the above then you should open a case with support.

Regards,
Michael

Bill Goggin wrote:

--