Weblogic 6.1 startup exception

1 view

chan

Jun 17, 2003, 12:52:26 AM6/17/03

Hi there,

Currently trying to migrate from wls 5.1 to 6.1. I have followed the steps stated
in the migration docs. After I have used the console to convert my weblogic.properties
to config.xml, I tried to startup the new server, but it keep throwing the following
exception. Can someone help me why this keep occuring? thanks!

The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised:
weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException: invalid value myApp
for attribute Name of MBean "myApp:Name=myApp,Type=Server", getLegalCheck() is
(weblogic.management.configuration.LegalHelper.serverMBeanSetNameLegalCheck(self,value);)
at weblogic.management.internal.xml.ConfigurationParser.parse(ConfigurationParser.java:120)
at weblogic.management.internal.xml.XmlFileRepository.loadDomain(XmlFileRepository.java:261)
at weblogic.management.internal.xml.XmlFileRepository.loadDomain(XmlFileRepository.java:223)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:636)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:621)
at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:374)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1557)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1525)
at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:468)
at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:209)
at $Proxy1.loadDomain(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.management.AdminServer.configureFromRepository(AdminServer.java:188)
at weblogic.management.AdminServer.configure(AdminServer.java:173)
at weblogic.management.Admin.initialize(Admin.java:257)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:368)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:213)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
Reason: Fatal initialization exception

Deepak Vohra

Jun 17, 2003, 11:38:40 AM6/17/03

Domain and server names should be different.