Can't find library libjsafe.so in LIBPATH (Weblogic 5.1 on AIX 4.3.3)

John Ruskin

May 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/18/00
I am trying to start WebLogic 5.1 on AIX 4.3.3.
WebLogic is installed in /app/weblogic/weblogic510 and
JDK 1.2.2 is in /usr/jdk_base.

When I run startWebLogic.sh, it throws an exception which is listed below.
However, the first message displayed when it starts up is
LIBPATH=/app/weblogic/weblogic510/lib/aix
and the library mentioned in the exception is indeed there

Despite the exception Server does start up, but complains about
unable to Initialize/Load POSIX Performance Pack.

Any help is appreciated!

JR

y 18 08:57:15 CDT 2000:<I> <WebLogicServer> Server loading from
weblogic.class.path. EJB redeployment enabled.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't find library libjsafe.so in LIBPATH
LIBPATH=/usr/jdk_base/lib/aix/native_threads
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Compiled Code)
at COM.rsa.jsafe.JSAFE_DeviceBuilderNative.buildObjects(Compiled
Code)
at COM.rsa.jsafe.JSAFE_AsymmetricCipher.getInstance(Compiled Code)
at COM.rsa.jsafe.JSAFE_AsymmetricCipher.getInstance(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.security.RSA.performOPJSafe(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.security.RSA.performOp(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.security.RSApkcs1.decrypt(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.security.RSAMDSignature.verify(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.security.X509.verifySignature(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.SSLListenThread.insertIntoCAChain(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.SSLListenThread.<init>(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.SSLListenThread.<init>(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.Server.main(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.Server.main(Compiled Code)

Following is the last two lines before the "Server Started" message.

Thu May 18 08:57:23 CDT 2000:<A> <Posix Performance Pack> Could not
initialize POSIX Performance Pack.
Thu May 18 08:57:23 CDT 2000:<E> <Performance Pack> Unable to load
performance pack, using Java I/O.

Gary Lamperillo

May 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/18/00
to yi-x...@acceleratetv.com, na...@acceleratetv.com
Hello,

I have a similar exception on two Linux boxes (RedHat 6.1 and 6.2) with JDK
1.2.2. The exception doesn't tell me what the JSAFE shared library name is.
The startup script says it is successful, however I wonder if we will have SSL
problems later down the road. Are we fully functional???

Thanks,
Gary Lamperillo
ga...@acceleratetv.com

error

Bryan O'Sullivan

May 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/19/00
g> I have a similar exception on two Linux boxes (RedHat 6.1 and 6.2)
g> with JDK 1.2.2.

You can actually ignore the "libjsafe.so not found" exception; it's
printed out uselessly by RSA's crypto code, and we've managed to turn
it off in one of our early 5.1 service packs (which may or may not be
available yet, I don't know).

g> The startup script says it is successful, however I wonder if we
g> will have SSL problems later down the road. Are we fully
g> functional???

Yes, the message can safely be ignored. Your SSL support should work
just fine.

<b

--
Let us pray:
What a Great System.

Ian Kushnir

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
to John Ruskin, ga...@acceleratetv.com
try adding
-Dweblogic.security.SSL.useJava=true
to your startup script

John Ruskin wrote:

--
Please remember to ALWAYS Reference Your Case Number in the subject line.

Ian Kushnir
Technical Support Engineer - North Sydney
BEA Systems
Phone: +61-2-9923 4043
Mobile: +61-417 889 336 or 0417 889 336
Fax: +61-2-9923 4080