WLS 5.1 on Linux with SP6 startup problems

Joe Weder

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
Using WLS 5.1 on Linux with SP6,
I am encountering the same problems others have posted - I see the same
exceptions.

Did anyone test this stuff or what? The service packs are for all platforms
right?

Please help!

The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
weblog
ic.boot.ServerClassLoader: method
getClassLoadNotify()Lweblogic/boot/ClassLoadNo
tify; not found
at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoa
der.java:140)
at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoa
der.java:112)
at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoa
der.java:104)
at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.<init>
(RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.java:53)
at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader$Single
Slave.<init>(RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.java:149)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.setClassLoader(ServletCo
ntextImpl.java:1421)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.<init>(ServletContextImp
l.java:519)
at
weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.initServletContexts(HttpServer.java:492)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:388)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java:1305)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:827)
at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:99)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:65)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:55)
[...]

Jesus M. Salvo Jr.

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
I am now running with SP6 ( RH6.0 + 2.2.17 kernel + glibc2.1.3 +
blackdown-jdk122_FCS ) just fine.
What was the message before "The WebLogic Server did not start up
properly."?

John Salvo

Joe Weder

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
For those of you who are also having this problem:

We solved it... just like the readme.html for the service pack says, you
gotta put the service pack stuff first in the CLASSPATH and the
WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH. Its right there in black and white but we missed it.

Duh.

jason

Oct 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/10/00

I see nothing in the document about putting the jars in the WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH, only the CLASSPATH. And when I prepend the weblogic510sp6thinClient.jar into my classpath it breaks weblogic and I get the same exception you were seeing. Even if I remove the jar from the classpath, weblogic will still not start up properly anymore. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated

Jesus M. Salvo Jr.

Oct 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/11/00
Yes there is. From the README.txt that came with SP6:

<qoute>
Add the path of weblogic510sp6boot.jar to the beginning of the Java
system classpath. Add the path of weblogi
c510sp6.jar to the beginning of the WebLogic classpath before you start
the WebLogic Server:
$ java ...
-classpath c:\weblogic\lib\weblogic510sp6boot.jar;
c:\java\lib\classes.zip;
c:\weblogic\classes\boot;
c:\weblogic\eval\cloudscape\lib\cloudscape.jar
-Dweblogic.class.path=c:\weblogic\lib\weblogic510sp6.jar;
c:\weblogic\classes;
c:\weblogic\license;c:\weblogic\lib\weblogicaux.jar;
c:\weblogic\myserver\serverclasses
... weblogic.Server
You can do this by editing the command line script that you use to start
the WebLogic Server, as described in the Installation Guide, Setting up
and Starting WebLogic Server 5.1.
</quote>

John

jason

Oct 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/11/00

i wasn't clear - i meant there is nothing in the document about putting the client jars for JMS in the weblogic classpath. in any case, i have resolved the problem. thanks.

jason