URGENT: WebLogic 5.1 SNMP Agent on UNIX

1 view

Benjamin Chiang

Nov 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/7/00
I'm trying to get the SNMP Agent up and running for WebLogic5.1
on a Solaris 2.7 machine.
I need the WebLogic SNMP agent so that I can connect Astra LoadTest to
the WebLogic server and monitor performance results. However, I am having
trouble
getting it to run as everytime I run startSNMPAgent.sh, I get the error

Exception in thread "main"
com.adventnet.snmp.snmp2.agent.AgentRuntimeException: Failure in opening
SnmpSession, errstat
: 0, errvalue: 0

at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:47)
at
com.adventnet.snmp.snmp2.agent.AgentRuntimeException.<init>(AgentRuntimeExce
ption.java:63)
at
com.adventnet.snmp.snmp2.agent.SnmpAgent.addClientAndOpenSession(SnmpAgent.j
ava:801)
at
com.adventnet.snmp.snmp2.agent.SnmpAgent.restartSnmpAgent(SnmpAgent.java:939
)
at
com.adventnet.snmp.snmp2.agent.SnmpAgent.restartSnmpAgent(SnmpAgent.java:955
)
at
com.adventnet.snmp.snmp2.agent.SnmpAgent.setPort(SnmpAgent.java:1034)
at weblogic.management.snmp.agent.WebLogicAgent.init(Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.management.snmp.agent.WebLogicAgent.startup(WebLogicAgent.java:377)
at weblogic.SNMPAgent.main(SNMPAgent.java:25)

I have the serverURLs setup correctly and have tried running the agent off
various ports. I have also killed
Solaris' SNMP agents, all to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks...

ben