weblogic.policy wows - (Linux) and WLS 5.1

Mr. BigMAN

May 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/22/00

ENV:
Redhat Linux 6.2 (Current Kernel)
Weblogic Server 5.1
Sun JDK for Linux version 1.2.2

It seems like I am having a weblogic.policy problem. I have read the
documenattion over and over and still cannot figure out this problem.

I have weblogic installed on /usr/local/weblogic directory

I Start with the command line:from the startWebLogic.sh Script

$JAVA $JAVA_OPTIONS -ms64m -mx64m -classpath $JAVACLASSPATH
-Dweblogic.class.path=$WEBLOGICCLASSPATH -Djava.security.manager
-Djava.security.policy=='pwd'/weblogic.policy
-Dweblogic.home=. weblogic.Server

I followed all the instrcutions on modifying the weblogic.policy
file.

example:
grant codeBase "file:/usr/local/weblogic/-" {
permission java.io.FilePermission "${/}usr${/}local${/}weblogic${/}-",
"read,write,delete,execute";

I still get the following :

Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission createSecurityManager )
at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java
:191)
at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:399)
at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.<init>(SecurityManager.java:303)
at
weblogic.boot.ServerSecurityManager.<init>(ServerSecurityManager.java:11)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:59)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:55)

Can anyboby Help me out here?

Tony McClay
Mr. BigMAN

Mark Griffith

May 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/23/00

If you have a directory :

/usr/local/releases/451/weblogic

in that dir lives:

weblogic.policy

that policy file should say:

grant codeBase "file://weblogic/-" {

NOT

grant codeBase "file://usr/local/releases/451/weblogic/-" {

mbg

In article <8gc4j8$2ic$1...@newsgroups.bea.com>, mrbi...@orbitel.com
says...

NewsGroup Rant
Rant 1.

The less info you provide about your problem means
the less we can help you. Try to look at the
problem from an external perspective and provide
all the data necessary to put your problem in
perspective.