Multiple instances in WebLogic 6

Shane Carter

Apr 20, 2001, 9:14:49 AM4/20/01
Hello,
In WebLogic 5.1 you can run different instances of Weblogic by pointing your
start up script to the installed directory. Is this possible with version
6? Is this documented anywhere?

I would be grateful, if anyone can help me out this one.

Per Jessen

Apr 23, 2001, 8:31:51 AM4/23/01

Yes, you can do the same with WLS6.0 - any number of domains, each
containing
any number of servers. You specify which server to start as a parameter
in the
startup-script (eg. config/<domain>/startWeblogic.sh)

regards,
Per Jessen, BEA Switzerland.

Joe Ssemwogerere

Apr 25, 2001, 6:10:26 PM4/25/01

How do I instal multiple instances of wl60 on solaris?
This question has been asked before but I couldn't find a satisfactory answer.
How does one go about doing this.
I copied config directory and modified config.xml. I get the exception below.
But the server starts up. How do I get rid of the exception.
Thanks in advance,
Joseph.

<Apr 25, 2001 3:34:35 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <[Default WebApp] failure extracting
WAR classe
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/tmp/WEB-INF/_tmp_war_sundevweb_sundevweb_wl_management_i
nternal2/weblogic/management/servlet/BootstrapServlet.class (Permission denied)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:62)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:132)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.extractClassFiles(WebAppServletCon