I met a problem when I deploy a entity bean!

mrliuz

Dec 17, 2001, 9:04:05 PM12/17/01
I had developed a simple entity--only have
two columns use Jbuilder 6.0 Enterprise,
when I deploy it with weblogic 6.1,I met
the following error :
////////////////////////////////////
weblogic.j2ee.DeploymentException: Error deploying application mpassword:

Unable to deploy EJB: Password1 from mpassword.jar:

The DataSource with the JNDI name: Oracle could not be located. Please
ensure that the DataSource has been deployed successfully and that the JNDI
name in your EJB Deployment descriptor is correct.

at weblogic.deploy.deploy(deploy.java:665)
at weblogic.deploy.runBody(deploy.java:358)
at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:79)
at weblogic.deploy.main(deploy.java:1601)
Error deploying application mpassword:

Unable to deploy EJB: Password1 from mpassword.jar:

The DataSource with the JNDI name: Oracle could not be located. Please
ensure that the DataSource has been deployed successfully and that the JNDI
name in your EJB Deployment descriptor is correct.

mrliuz

Dec 17, 2001, 10:00:32 PM12/17/01
weblogic.j2ee.DeploymentException
at weblogic.deploy.deploy(deploy.java:668)

at weblogic.deploy.runBody(deploy.java:358)
at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:79)
at weblogic.deploy.main(deploy.java:1601)
weblogic.j2ee.DeploymentException
at weblogic.deploy.deploy(deploy.java:668)

at weblogic.deploy.runBody(deploy.java:358)
at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:79)
at weblogic.deploy.main(deploy.java:1601

also a problem!
waiting for reply!

regards
mrliuz from china!

Gareth Chapman

Dec 18, 2001, 12:22:24 PM12/18/01

Within you weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml file you will have an entry:

<data-source-name>Oracle</data-source-name>

This links to a DataSource deployed on WebLogic which in turn links to a
connection pool to the database where you persist the entity.

So do you have a DataSource called Oracle?
Is this correctly deployed?

Gareth

"mrliuz" <lzx...@china.com> wrote in message