WLS with iPlanet Web Server

1 view

rs...@my-deja.com

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00
Almost certain this won't solve Ravi's issue. The NSAPI plug in will
*forward* all http requests made to the iplanet box to the weblogic box,
right? ..thereby requiring JSPs to be installed and run from the
weblogic box.

I'm having related problems. I also want to run JSPs on boxes separate
from boxes hosting weblogic EJBs. Where can I find info outlining the
proper configuration for iplanet to make this work? I have followed the
tidbit of instructions on the weblogic site for installing the pieces of
weblogic libraries (weblogic/classes, weblogic/lib/weblogicaux.jar,
etc.) on the iplanet boxes to no avail.

I'm bogged down in what my classpath should be set to. I have the
weblogic libs in the classpath (in JDK setup on Sevlet's tab), am using
Sun JDK 1.2.2-006 on NT4 SP5, running WLS 4.5.1 on NT, iplanet 4.1 SP2
on NT.

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

In article <39adc8e7$1...@newsgroups.bea.com>,
"Michael Girdley" <in...@bea.com> wrote:

> Check out our documentation on how to use the Netscape/NSAPI plug-in.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> --
> ----
> Michael Girdley
> BEA Systems Inc
>
> "Ravi Namala" <ra...@ezcommerceinc.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Right now I'm using the WLS both as the web server as well as App
server.
> > How do I configure it to work with my iPlanet web server?? Basically
what
> > want to do is, run the jsps/servlets on the webserver and use WLS
for
> > deploying EJBs. And my webserver and appserver are on two different
> > machines.
> >
> > thanks
> > Ravi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

rs...@my-deja.com

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00
I've been able to get my jsps running on iPlanet WS 4.1 SP2 to "talk" to
EJBs on Weblogic server. I added the following
to the classpath on the servlets tab in iPlanet in this
specific order: weblogic/classes;
netscape/server4/bin/https/jar/servlets.jar;
weblogic/lib/weblogicaux.jar

So far this works but am now getting the following exception after
the jsp connects to the weblogic box. I have turned up the logging
level on
iPlanet but still get a vague error message. Any ideas? Help!

Servlet service exception

javax.servlet.ServletException
at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContex
tImpl.java:384)
at
_jsps._qajsp._LoginBusiness_jsp._jspService(_LoginBusiness_jsp.java,
Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:126)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:826)
at
com.netscape.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.Service(NSServletRunner
.java:502)

In article <8qli5q$6la$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

David Off

Oct 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/2/00
In article <8qncbl$533$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

rs...@my-deja.com wrote:
> I've been able to get my jsps running on iPlanet WS 4.1 SP2 to "talk"
> EJBs on Weblogic server. I added the following
> to the classpath on the servlets tab in iPlanet in this
> specific order: weblogic/classes;

You don't need all the weblogic/classes, I found this subset to be
enough:-

classes/weblogic
Server.class
jndi
net
service
utils
boot
jts
rjvm
socket
common
kernel
rmi
t3
iiop
logging
security
time

It seems like when you instantiate the T3 factory to connect to the
Weblogic server you pull in practically a whole Weblogic server! BTW I
had to .jar these files up for IPlanet to recognise them. Then add
them to config/jvm12.conf.

> weblogic/lib/weblogicaux.jar

You will probably need appropriate clientclasses as well. With this
setup I was able to get a Servlet running on Iplanet talking to an EJB
on WL 5.1. I have not had any luck with JSPs currently due to a
configuration problem.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to but this is our chosen
architecture.

regards,

David

David Off

Oct 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/10/00
In article <8raalu$o7v$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
David Off <david...@my-deja.com> wrote:

ok, I got Servlets/JSPs to talk to EJBS but there is a bug in IPlanet
which means that it won't remotely load the RMI client stubs from WLS.
Thus you need to either copy the deployed JAR to IPlanet's CLASSPATH or
unjar the generated RMI client stubs and copy them to IPlanet's
CLASSPATH.

This is a funny buy as Jakarta Tomcat works fine and this is the
IPlanet Servlet/JSP engine.