start snmp agent

Frank

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
How do I start the snmp agent? I have set the proper class path and have
changed the password in the startAgentCmd file.
Do I need the change any of the other following options?

weblogic.SNMPAgent -serverURLs t3://localhost:7001 -trapDestinations
localhost:162

I get the following error during startup:

C:\weblogic>c:\jdk1.3\jre\bin\java weblogic.SNMPAgent -serverURLs
t3://localhost:7001 -trapDestinations localhost:162
Exception in thread "main"
com.adventnet.snmp.snmp2.agent.AgentRuntimeException: Failure in opening
SnmpSession, errstat: 0, errvalue: 0

at
com.adventnet.snmp.snmp2.agent.SnmpAgent.addClientAndOpenSession(SnmpAgent.j
ava:801)
at
com.adventnet.snmp.snmp2.agent.SnmpAgent.restartSnmpAgent(SnmpAgent.java:939
)
at
com.adventnet.snmp.snmp2.agent.SnmpAgent.restartSnmpAgent(SnmpAgent.java:955
)
at
com.adventnet.snmp.snmp2.agent.SnmpAgent.setPort(SnmpAgent.java:1034)
at
weblogic.management.snmp.agent.WebLogicAgent.init(WebLogicAgent.java:458)
at
weblogic.management.snmp.agent.WebLogicAgent.startup(WebLogicAgent.java:377)
at weblogic.SNMPAgent.main(SNMPAgent.java:25)

Thanks
Frank

kim...@my-deja.com

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
In article <3999db04$1...@newsgroups.bea.com>,

Frank,

I think some other SNMP agent is binding to port 162. Go ahead and
stop that agent and restart your SNMP WebLogic agent again. Use
netstat -a to verify port 162 status.

Kim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.