ORA-24327

Rich Ellinger

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
When I try to use WebLogic 5.1 with Oracle 8i on my box and the WebLogic
JDBC drivers, I get ORA-24327 when i use the dbping utility or the weblogc
tour. I believe I have followed all the setup instructions correctly. I
saw that another user had reported a similar problem a few weeks ago and
there were no responses. Any help would be appreciated.

Joseph Weinstein

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
to Rich Ellinger
Hi Rich. Would you show me the Oracle text accompanying that error?
thanks,
Joe

Rich Ellinger wrote:

--

PS: Folks: BEA WebLogic is in S.F., and now has some entry-level positions for
people who want to work with Java and E-Commerce infrastructure products. Send

dm...@on-que.com

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
to j...@weblogic.com
Joseph, I had the exact same problem, so, here is what you asked for:

Thu Apr 27 17:32:56 GMT-04:00 2000:<I> <JDBC Pool> Creating connection
pool rd1Pool with:
{poolName=rd1Pool, testTable=dual, maxCapacity=16,
props=user=xxxx;password=xxxxxx;server=rd1, allowShrinking=true,
driver=weblogic.jdbc.oci.Driver,
aclName=weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.rd1Pool, capacityIncrement=1,
testConnsOnReserv=true, initialCapacity=2, url=jdbc:weblogic:oracle}
+++ WebLogic Native Layer for OCI 8.x (BETA-2)

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-24327: need explicit attach before
authenticating a user - (xxxx/********@rd1)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(SQLException.java:43)
at
weblogic.db.oci.OciConnection.getLDAException(OciConnection.java:143)
at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:157)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.makeConnection(Connec
tionEnvFactory.java:149)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.createResource(Connec
tionEnvFactory.java:109)
at
weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.makeResources(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.<init>(Compiled
Code)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPool.startup(ConnectionPool.java
:330)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcInfo.initPools(Compiled
Code)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcInfo.startup(JdbcInfo.java:200)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcStartup.main(JdbcStartup.java:11)
at
weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.runMain(StartupThread.java:219)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.doWork(Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.t3.srvr.PropertyExecuteThread.run(PropertyExecuteThread.java:62
)

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327

In article <38F6159D...@weblogic.com>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Collin Ng

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
Hi, I had the same error. Below is the text output:

------------------------------------Capture
starts------------------------------------------------
D:\>java utils.dbping ORACLE_JDBC20 hub hub oa2z

+++ WebLogic Native Layer for OCI 8.x (BETA-2)

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327

Error encountered:

ser - (hub/********@oa2z)
at
weblogic.db.oci.OciConnection.getLDAException(OciConnection.java:143)

at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:157)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:457)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:106)
at utils.dbping.main(dbping.java:156)

"Joseph Weinstein" <j...@weblogic.com> wrote in message