Problems starting Weblogic inside the console

Scott Tyriver

May 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/23/00
Hello,

We just installed an eval copy of Weblogic and Service Pack 1.
The server starts fine outside of the console from the start menu.
If I attempt to start the server from inside the console I get the
following exception trace:

The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: weblogic.boot.ServerClassLoader: method
getClassLoadNotify()Lweblogic/boot/ClassLoadNotify; not found
at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoader.java:140)

at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoader.java:112)

at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoader.java:104)

at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.<init>(RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.java:53)

at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader$SingleSlave.<init>(RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.java:149)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.setClassLoader(ServletContextImpl.java:1390)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.<init>(ServletContextImpl.java:513)

at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.initServletContexts(HttpServer.java,
Compiled Code)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:442)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java, Compiled Code)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:825)
at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:99)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:65)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:55)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: weblogic.boot.ServerClassLoader: method
getClassLoadNotify()Lweblogic/boot/ClassLoadNotify; not found
Tue May 23 20:05:53 CDT 2000:<I> <EJB> 0 deployed, 0 failed to deploy.
[...]

We are using JDK1.2.2. I followed the instructions in the readme.txt
file for the service pack. The weblogic installation directory is
d:\Software\Weblogic

Scott Tyriver
Stark Investments
262-240-3159
styr...@starkinvestments.com

Mark Griffith

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00
Make sure that you un-install previous versions.

What version is this of Weblogic?

Cheers
Mark G

In article <392B2E33...@execpc.com>, styr...@execpc.com says...

NewsGroup Rant
Rant 1.

The less info you provide about your problem means
the less we can help you. Try to look at the
problem from an external perspective and provide
all the data necessary to put your problem in
perspective.