Service Pack 3 causing java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of POST data

Scott Sikora

Jul 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/12/00
I have just installed Service Pack 3 and succeeded in breaking my XML/HTTP
code. I get the following;
java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of POST data.

I can recreate this with the standard XML over HTTP example,
StockClient/StockServlet.

Any ideas what I did wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Scott Sikora
AlertOnline
ssi...@alertonline.com
(206) 285-2220

WebLogic Build: 5.1.0 Service Pack 3 06/06/2000 10:29:59 #72424

Wed Jul 12 08:59:22 PDT 2000:<E> <HTTP> Connection failure
java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of POST data. Read 0 bytes.
Content-length = 156
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.io.IOException.<init>(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.mergePostParams(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.parseQueryParams(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getParameter(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.initSessionInfo(Compiled
Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getSession(ServletRequestImpl.j
ava:984)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getRemoteUser(ServletRequestImp
l.java:497)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.logToFile(HttpServer.java:1072)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.log(HttpServer.java:1016)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
Manager.java:291)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:363)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)
--------------- nested within: ------------------
weblogic.utils.NestedRuntimeException: cannot parse POST parameters of
request /StockServlet - with nested exception:
[java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of POST data. Read 0 bytes.
Content-length = 156]
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:47)
at
weblogic.utils.NestedRuntimeException.<init>(NestedRuntimeException.java:23)
[...]

Mark Griffith

Jul 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/12/00
Sorry this does not bear out in my testing:

http://www.weblogic.com/docs51/examples/xml/http/

1. 5.1 with sp3 in the client env and the server env and ONLY sp3 in my
classpath in addition to the weblogic environment. Meaning I have no
other third party packages, xml parses etc.

Everything runs fine.

How does your environment differ.

mbg

In article <396caa31$1...@newsgroups.bea.com>, scott....@telmet.com
says...

NewsGroup Rant
Rant 1.

The less info you provide about your problem means
the less we can help you. Try to look at the
problem from an external perspective and provide
all the data necessary to put your problem in
perspective.

Scott Sikora

Jul 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/13/00
Thought I might post back to the group the answer I got from Weblogic
support...

Scott Sikora
AlertOnline
ssi...@alertonline.com
(206) 285-2220

"Scott Sikora" <scott....@telmet.com> wrote in message

> at

weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:363)
> at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(Compiled Code)
> at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)
> --------------- nested within: ------------------
> weblogic.utils.NestedRuntimeException: cannot parse POST parameters of
> request /StockServlet - with nested exception:

> [java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of POST data. Read 0 bytes.

> Content-length = 156]
> at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
> at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
> at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
> at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)

> at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:47)
> at

weblogic.utils.NestedRuntimeException.<init>(NestedRuntimeException.java:23)

> at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.mergePostParams(Compiled
> Code)
> at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.parseQueryParams(Compiled
> Code)
> at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getParameter(Compiled
Code)
> at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.initSessionInfo(Compiled
> Code)
> at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getSession(ServletRequestImpl.j
> ava:984)
> at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getRemoteUser(ServletRequestImp
> l.java:497)
> at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.logToFile(HttpServer.java:1072)
> at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.log(HttpServer.java:1016)
> at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
> Manager.java:291)

Scott Sikora

Jul 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/13/00
Thought I might post back to the group the answer I got from Weblogic
support. Seems like SP3 has some problems...

FR: laurentm
CASE_ID_NUM: 182198
MESSAGE:

Hello Scott,

I have been assigned to your case.
The POST data errors the server thrown are a regression introduced into
service pack 3.
Our dev. team is working to fix this bug, the fix will be released in a
future service pack.
Could you move back to SP2 to see if these errors go away. So, I could
check if this is the same error that is a known issue.
If it is not the case I would do further investigation.

Please let me know how it works.