Weblogic 5.1 won't start

1 view

Rob Kolosky

Nov 30, 2001, 9:43:48 AM11/30/01
I'm trying to get a WebLogic 5.1 service pack 8 application to run on a
Solaris 7 machine.

When I run ./startWebLogic.sh I get returned to a command prompt, but
nohup.out says:

Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission createSecurityManager)
at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java
:272)
at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:399)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.<init>(SecurityManager.java:301)
at
weblogic.boot.ServerSecurityManager.<init>(ServerSecurityManager.java:11)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:59)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:55)

Where should I start looking for the error?

Michael Young

Nov 30, 2001, 5:28:54 PM11/30/01
Hi.

Check to make sure your weblogic.policy file is correct and pointing to the
right directories.

Regards,
Michael

Rob Kolosky wrote:

--

Developer Relations Engineer
BEA Support

Kapil Singh Pawar

Dec 3, 2001, 6:37:27 AM12/3/01

Hi Rob,

It seems that you have not modified the weblogic.policy file to suit your installation.
This file is located in $WL_HOME and its usage is explained at the beginning of
the file itself.

Regards
Kapil Singh Pawar