Problems Running CGI Scripts

1 view

Oct 9, 2001, 5:57:53 PM10/9/01
We have some legacy software that runs on python that we need to
support in our WebLogic install. In order to do this, we are using the
cgi support in WebLogic 5.1 to execute the python scripts. We are
using python 2.0.1 to run the python on a Sun server.

We added the following lines to our weblogic.properties file to
activate the cgi support:

# PYTHON cgi-bin FILE ENABLE
weblogic.httpd.register.cgi-bin=weblogic.servlet.CGIServlet
weblogic.httpd.initArgs.cgi-bin=\
cgiDir=/export/home/user1/claims/cgi-bin, \
*.pl=/usr/local/bin/perl, \
*.py=/usr/local/bin/python2.0

However, whenever we attempt to execute one of the cgi scripts (the
link is http://mymachine:port/cgi-bin/Claims1.py) we get the following
output:

Tue Oct 09 14:46:44 PDT 2001:<I> <ServletContext-General> cgi-bin:
init
java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Compiled Code)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(Compiled Code)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Compiled Code)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.utils.Executable.exec(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.CGIServlet.service(Compiled Code)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)

We get the same error when we attempt to run a dummy perl script. Does
anyone know what might cause this Broken Pipe exception? Do we need to
make any other changes? Is there a change that needs to be made to the
weblogic.policy file? Are there any limitations on cgi scripts (other
than the NO RELATIVE URI restriction)?

Any advice would be helpful.

Chuck

Oct 10, 2001, 7:38:29 PM10/10/01

Alex,

Can you run the perl or python script outside of weblogic successfully?

Also, what service pack is installed?