Can't start WebLogic Server with SP6 and jdk1.2.2 using WebLogic Console

Mark Zeltser

Oct 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/3/00

Hi All,

I am trying to install WebLogic 5.1 with SP6 under Windows NT 4.0 with SP6. My goal is to run JSP/Servlets. After going through all the steps described in SP6 Readme I am getting th following exception:

ava.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: weblogic.boot.ServerClassLoader: method getClassLoadNotify()Lweblogic/boot/ClassLoadNotify; not found
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoader.java:140)
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoader.java:112)
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoader.java:104)
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.<init>(RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.java:53)
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader$SingleSlave.<init>(RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.java:149)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.setClassLoader(ServletContextImpl.java:1408)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.<init>(ServletContextImpl.java:518)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.initServletContexts(HttpServer.java, Compiled Code)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:388)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java, Compiled Code)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:827)
at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:99)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:65)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:55)

The installation document is pretty bad intermixing different types of installations. Where can I find steps or what do I need to do to get WebLogic to run with JDK1.2.2 if I want to start it up from WebLogic console only?

Thanks,

Mark.