Can't start PetStore with WLS 6.1 sp4 on AIX?

Dave Martin

Dec 5, 2002, 3:35:12 PM12/5/02

When I went to run startPetStore.sh with a completely fresh install, I got the
error below. I discovered that you can fix it-- it seems to be caused by a classpath
ordering problem with JAAS related WLS code -- by removing the jaas.jar and jaas_lm.jar
from the jre/lib/ext directory of the bundled JDK (<beahome>/jdk131/jre/lib/ext).
Would love to hear from someone if they think this is going to have bad implications
later-- a sniff through the weblogic.jar left me halfway convinced that the same
JAAS code was already bundled there (heck, it started up!)

Cheers!

* To start WebLogic Server, use the password *
* assigned to the system user. The system *
* username and password must also be used to *
* access the WebLogic Server console from a web *
* browser. *
java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login configuration
at com.ibm.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.getAppConfigurationEntry(ConfigFile.java:221)
at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.init(LoginContext.java:171)
at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.<init>(LoginContext.java:318)
at weblogic.security.internal.ServerAuthenticate.main(ServerAuthenticate.java:78)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:210)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)