Assertion Failure on WebLogic 5.0 Beta

Donnel Dy

Mar 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/30/00

I am getting an "ASSERTION FAILED" error in the weblogic.log file whenever I
try to access an html file. The html file is located in the
WL_HOME/public_html directory. The syntax I am using to try to access that
page is http://ip_address:7001/index.html. I am not able to view the page,
and this assertion error gets logged.

I am running Weblogic 5.0 Beta on a Solaris 2.7 box. If anyone has any
suggestions or possible solutions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Donnel

The error message is as follows:

weblogic.utils.AssertionError: ***** ASSERTION FAILED *****[ getServlet()
returned null
!! ]
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:50)
at weblogic.utils.NestedError.<init>(NestedError.java:15)
at weblogic.utils.AssertionError.<init>(AssertionError.java:49)
at weblogic.utils.Debug.assert(Compiled Code)
at
:97)