Weblogic 6.1 and JVM 1.4 on Solaris

Roger Broadbent

Jun 13, 2002, 6:58:07 AM6/13/02
I know this combination is not officially supported, but I would like to be
able to try it in a test system for comparative purposes.

I saw a previous mail on this subject indicating it was possible (reproduced
below). I tried creating the Solaris equivalent of the file as
/usr/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/security/login.config with the contents:

ServerLoginModule {
com.sun.security.auth.module.UnixLoginModule required debug=true;
};

This made no difference to the output (also reproduced below)

I have two questions:

- Have I done something wrong (file owner/permissions?) or is there
something else I need to do to make this work?

- Is there anywhere else I can place this file - on the CLASSPATH perhaps -
I tried this a bit but I didn't get anywhere.

Thanks,.

--
Roger Broadbent
Technical Consultant

From: "dominik" <dominik....@bluewin.ch>
Sender: "dominik" <dominik....@bluewin.ch>
Subject: Re: Support for JDK 1.4 -> works on Suse 7.2 & 7.3
Newsgroups: weblogic.support.install
Date: 7 Apr 2002 03:19:19 -0800
XPident: Unknown

Hi

It works for me on Suse Linux 7.2 & 7.3 with JDK
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0-b92)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.0-b92, mixed mode)

This is my login configuration:
#/usr/lib/jdk1.4/jre/lib/security > cat login.config
ServerLoginModule {
com.sun.security.auth.module.UnixLoginModule required debug=true;
};

I had to pass the weblogic system password on the commandline
(with -Dweblogic.management.password=$WLS_PW).

The password in password.ini somehow didn't work ... (I was
prompted for the guest password, was able to boot the server but
had some weblogic.management.NoAccessRuntimeException later on.

Yeshwant <y...@nospam.com> wrote:

>Try the pdf document that I have attached. Please note that using 1.4
>JVM
>is currently not supported by BEA
>let me know if it works.
>
>Aamir Baig wrote:
>
>> Will weblogic 5.1, 6.0 or 6.1 work with jdk 1.4 ? has anyone tried
and
>> succeeded ?
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> --
>> Kind Regards,
>> Aamir Baig
>> Etilize, Inc.
>> Phone : 310-767-4001 x 205
>> Fax: 310-767-1548

Output:

% startWebLogic_JVM1.4.sh
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:/usr/sybase/OCS-12_0/lib:/local/upm/bea/wlserver6.1/lib/so
laris:/local/upm/bea/wlserver6.1/lib/solaris/oci816_8

* To start WebLogic Server, use the password *
* assigned to the system user. The system *
* username and password must also be used to *
* access the WebLogic Server console from a web *
* browser. *
java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login configuration
at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.<init>(ConfigFile.java:97)
Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcces
sorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstruc
torAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
at
javax.security.auth.login.Configuration$3.run(Configuration.java:221)
at
javax.security.auth.login.Configuration.getConfiguration(Configuration.java:
215)
at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$1.run(LoginContext.java:170)
at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.init(LoginContext.java:167)
at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.<init>(LoginContext.java:393)
at
weblogic.security.internal.ServerAuthenticate.main(ServerAuthenticate.java:8
1)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:195)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to locate a login configuration
at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.init(ConfigFile.java:206)
at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.<init>(ConfigFile.java:95)
... 16 more