Unknown Host Exception while starting weblogic 6.0

Tarang

Jun 4, 2002, 8:54:39 PM6/4/02

While starting weblogic 6.0 on win 95, i get following error.
[java.net.UnknownHostException: default]
weblogic.utils.NestedError: Local host not known?! - with nested exception:

I have tried to change ports from 7001 and 7002, error is still there. I work on
a desktop, dont have any proxy settings.

What else can be done?

Michael Young

Jun 5, 2002, 11:57:49 AM6/5/02
Hi.

The port is not the problem, it's something with your network setup - localhost is
not properly defined. I'm not sure about the error you posted below, but FWIW it
should be defined as localhost, not 'local host' (note the space).

In the bigger picture, however, you should try running WLS on a supported platform.
See the following link for this:

http://edocs.bea.com/wls/platforms/index.html

Regards,
Michael

Tarang wrote:

--
Michael Young
Developer Relations Engineer

Tarang

Jun 5, 2002, 9:22:44 PM6/5/02
From: "Tarang" <tara...@yahoo.com>
Sender: "Tarang" <tara...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Unknown Host Exception while starting weblogic 6.0
Newsgroups: weblogic.support.install
Date: 5 Jun 2002 18:22:44 -0700

Hi,
I am attaching complete error message, may be you can throw more light. I tried the
same installation on win 98, it is working fine. On my machine, variable is defined
as localhost only.

[java.net.UnknownHostException: default]
weblogic.utils.NestedError: Local host not known?! - with nested exception:

[java.net.UnknownHostException: default]
at weblogic.rjvm.JVMID.setLocalID(JVMID.java:86)
at weblogic.rjvm.JVMID.localID(JVMID.java:67)
at weblogic.rjvm.LocalRJVM.getID(LocalRJVM.java:130)
at weblogic.i18ntools.L10nLookup$Logger.<init>(L10nLookup.java:282)
at weblogic.i18ntools.L10nLookup.<init>(L10nLookup.java:114)
at weblogic.i18ntools.L10nLookup.init(L10nLookup.java:70)
at weblogic.i18ntools.L10nLookup.getL10n(L10nLookup.java:58)
at weblogic.logging.LogManager.initialize(LogManager.java:66)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:322)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:169)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)

Tarang

Michael Young

Jun 6, 2002, 11:53:14 AM6/6/02
Hi.

Again, this is not a supported platform. I also believe this is some kind of network
setup issue on your win95 machine. Try comparing the tcp/ip setup differences between
your win98 machine and your win95 machine. If you are using dhcp you should try to
change your settings to support a static ip.

Good luck.
Michael