getEffectiveUser

1 view

Stéphane Rault

May 14, 2002, 4:31:28 AM5/14/02
I have installed weblogic on my redhat 6.2, and when I try to start the
server,
I have the follwing exception. I lauch it as root, there is a weblogic user,
I don't
know what is the problem.

The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
getEUser0
at weblogic.platform.Unix.getEffectiveUser(Unix.java:86)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.switchEffectiveUser(T3Srvr.java:2355)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java:1132)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:879)
at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:140)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:97)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:58)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: getEUser0
at weblogic.platform.Unix.getEffectiveUser(Unix.java:86)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.switchEffectiveUser(T3Srvr.java:2355)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java:1132)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:879)
at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:140)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:97)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:58)

Michael Young

May 15, 2002, 11:58:17 AM5/15/02
Hi.

What version of WLS? What JDK version?

Thanks,
Michael

"Stéphane Rault" wrote:

--
Michael Young
Developer Relations Engineer

Stéphane Rault

May 17, 2002, 11:16:25 AM5/17/02
WLS version is 5.1.0, service pack 12.
JDK version is 1.2.2

Thanks,
Stephane Rault

"Michael Young" <Re...@ToNewsgroup.Only> a écrit dans le message de news:
3CE28599...@ToNewsgroup.Only...

Michael Young

May 17, 2002, 6:56:56 PM5/17/02
Hi.

Thanks for the info.

there was a bug found in sp11 that was fixed in sp12 around this. However,
looking into the engineering notes I see that there are still a few issues with
setting the uid from root to a non-priveledged user. So I suggest the following
course of action:

there was some issue where setting both weblogic.system.enableSetUID and
weblogic.system.nonPrivGroup together in the weblogic.properties file can cause
problems. If you are setting both of these properties try only setting one of
them - weblogic.system.enableSetUID.

If that doesn't help or you must also set the group then you should open a case
with support. Mention issue CR065697.

Regards,
Michael

Stéphane Rault

May 21, 2002, 11:08:55 AM5/21/02
Ok, thanks a lot.
It works with SetUID and SetGID set to false, but I choose to switch to sp
10.

"Michael Young" <Re...@ToNewsgroup.Only> a écrit dans le message de news:

3CE58AB7...@ToNewsgroup.Only...